Thought I'd publish some of the CAD models I created of commercially available parts used in some of my projects. In case someone is looking at the same parts for their own design.
No guarantee of accuracy, and most parts are captured as one giant body instead of sub-assemblies. So check the dimensions critical for your design before trusting anything.
The Fusion 360 CAD (messy), STEP and specs files are posted on Github
Will post others when I create more.
Parts and suppliers below. No affiliate links. The sellers listed are just random. The items may disappear over time, but their description should provide a good reference to start searching from.
Happy CADing to all !
______________________________________________
Worm Gear Motor - 12-48V up to 80W
Typically used for garage and gate doors. I used one in my van to lift the bed, and am now prototyping a rope winch based on the same type. Will also build a torque tester for it, stay tuned.
It comes in a plethora of configurations: left or right or dual shaft, 10 to 200rpm, 45 / 60 / 80W, etc. Commonly available on Amazon and Ebay:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0732JRM5G www.amazon.com/dp/B08YDP92RJ
www.amazon.com/BEMONOC-Torque-Electric-Reversible-Thread/dp/B01GJ4VPH2
www.ebay.com/itm/206370075861 www.ebay.com/itm/407099677908
Planetary Geared Motor - 6-22V 90kg.cm 200W
This type of motor is typically used in 18V power tools. Pretty strong beast in a small and light package.
Used it in a rope winch prototype. Was tested for max torque in this post: https://raphtronic.blogspot.com/2026/06/diy-motor-torque-tester-3d-print.html
Interestingly, I was very skeptical of the 200W power claim, but during the torque test it did peak pull 15A @ 18V, i.e. 270W 😲
www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZ24DMTY www.ebay.com/itm/147419310789 www.ebay.com/itm/406897050962 www.ebay.com/itm/188280405282
Switch SPST Momentary 12V 50A
Engine start switch. Perfect for the motors above.
www.amazon.com/QWORK-Engine-Button-Switch-Momentary/dp/B0C4LD9ZDQ www.amazon.com/DaierTek-Momentary-Waterproof-Weatherproof-Starter/dp/B0C1NB58FH www.amazon.com/Weatherproof-Momentary-Starter-Vehicles-Tractor/dp/B0F9DCBJ6B www.amazon.com/Cole-Hersee-90030-BP-Push-Button-Switch/dp/B00BXFMC7U




Comments
Post a Comment